Do you ever spend a long time cooking dinner only to have it not turn out or your family (or yourself) less than thrilled with the results? This is my go to dinner hack when I want something easy, don’t want a lot of dishes and can guarantee everyone will finish their plate. Even better there are a whopping three ingredients (you could even make it from all frozen and keep the ingredients on hand). The secret is Trader Joe’s pasta which is always surprisingly delicious. My very favorite is their gnocchi al gorgonzola. It cooks up nicely, and even if you aren’t a gorgonzola fan it comes out more like a mild creamy white sauce than heavy gorgonzola flavor.
The shopping/ingredient list for this one is super simple and all of these are at Trader Joe’s. I usually double the recipe to feed my family of four.
- Chicken breasts (1), or more
- Broccoli florets (1 bag)
- Frozen gnocchi a al gorgonzola
- Chop the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven or large pot
- Cook chicken on
med highheat until lightly browned 7-10 mins
- Add in all frozen gnocchi (pasta and cheese)
- Add in broccoli florets
- Cover, stirring occasionally and let the steam cook the broccoli and the pasta is heated through (about 7 minutes).
- Let cool for two minutes and enjoy!
Do you have super easy dinner hacks? If so I’d love to hear them!